What is included in the McGruff Safe Kids ID Kit(s)?
The McGruff Safe Kids ID Kit(s) provides a convenient way to store your child's Personal Information, Physical Description, Hair DNA Sample, Fingerprint Information and a recent Photo.
How will my McGruff Safe Kids ID Kit(s) be delivered?
Kits will be delivered by a local licensed representative. They will reach out to you to set up an appointment to deliver the kits, instruct you on how to fill it out, and explain additional insurance coverage you may qualify for (see infographic below).
Is it really free?
Yes! Your McGruff Safe Kids ID Kit(s) will be delivered to you at no-cost, no purchase necessary.
What are some important safety tips for children, parents, and family members?
- Teach your child how to use 911. Your child should also know his or her full name, address and phone number.
- Teach your child about 'what if' scenarios. For example, what if... you were walking to or from the bus stop and a car slowed down or stopped next to you and the driver or passenger tried to talk to you? What would you do? Suggest they quickly run in the direction from which the car was coming, because it takes awhile for a car to turn around. Tell them to run to where people are - to a neighbor's house or to someone working in a yard - to ask for help.
- Do not place your child's name on personal items. This information could be used by strangers.
- Teach your child what to do if you are separated in a public place.
- Know exactly where your child is and who they are with at all times.